Meghan Goodmans’s Online CV
Originally from Toronto, Meghan Goodman is an interdisciplinary dance artist and Iyengar yoga and Pilates mat instructor. Graduating from Simon Fraser University with a BFA in dance, and minor in mathematics in 2003, Meghan has continued to actively perform, choreograph and teach in Vancouver for the past 18 years. Meghan has been a company dancer with Aeriosa since 2009. She is currently teaching conditioning/dance training online through Aeriosa and yoga/pilates for the Ocean and Crow Virtual Studio while raising her two young sons.
Vertical Dance Performances with Aeriosa Dance Society, director Julia Taffe:
* Online training sessions with Aeriosa, May 2020-March 2021 with Suzanne Gallos, and video project Doorway Dances, August-September directed by Julia Carr
* Flocking, creation and development workshop, the Dance Centre, Woodwards, Climb Base 5, February 15-19th
* Interconnected, performances in the VanDusen Botanical Garden, choreography by Julia Carr
and Keely Sills, July 7th
* Vancouver International Vertical Dance Summit Performance, Guinness Tower Building, June 9th
*Performance for TED, Vancouver Convention Centre, April 11th
*Research for Second Nature, at the Dance Centre, April 16-19th
* Second Nature, excerpt for Dance In Vancouver, November 25th
* Hišinqʷiił “gathering” tree performance, Tofino, September 17th
* Thunderbird Sharing Ceremony, Library Square, July 23rd
* Thunderbird Sharing Ceremony, Stanley Park, July 15th
* Ancestralizing the Present, performance at the Scotiabank Dance Centre, June 10th
* Discover Dance! noon performance at the Scotiabank Dance Centre, March 30th
* Pseudotsuga – Earth to Sky, Orchid Ensembe collaboration with Aeriosa, performances in Stanley Park, July 13 and 14 as part of the Dancing on the Edge Festival
* Orchid Ensemble and Aeriosa performances in the Tofino Botanical Gardens, May
* Offleashed, SPCA Gala Fundraiser, Roundhouse Community Arts and Rec Centre, November
* Filming of Itte Q, aired on Japanese Nippon Television, Scotiabank Dance Centre, September
* Tofino Botanical Garden residency and performances, September
* Dancing with the Grand Firs, residency and performances at the UBC Botanical Garden with Greenheart Canopy Walkway, June & August
* Rendez-vous Canada performance at the Vancouver Convention Centre, May
* International Dance Day performance of Refugia at SFU Woodwards with Aeriosa, April * Residency at The Banff Centre, January.
* Residency/performance, Revelstoke Performing Arts Centre through Made in BC, February.
* Refugia, SFU Woodwards Atrium, residency/performance, November
* 13th Annual Tofino Lantern Festival , Botanical Garden residency/performance, August
* Loose Yourself to Dance IFSC World Youth Championship Opening Ceremony, Saanich, August
* The Chief Film Project, Squamish, July
* Excepts from Being and Refugia, residency/performance, Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, June
* Mountain Climbing Skills Development Workshop, Red Rocks, Las Vegas, April
* Father Daughter Ball, Hollyburn Country Club, November
* L Tower Topping Off, L Tower, Toronto, October
* Discover Dance Noon Show, at the SBDC, September
* Rock Climbing Wall Opening Ceremony, Richmond Olympic Oval, May
* Excerpt from Being, Boulders Climbing Gym opening ceremony, Saanich BC, December
* Being choreographed by Julia Taffe, Dance Centre’s 10th Anniversary, September
* Thunderbird choreographed by Julia Taffe in collaboration with Eagle Song Dancers, Illuminaries, Public Dreams, Canada Place, July
*Dancing on the Edge Festival, Library Square, July
* Come Back, My Sun choreographed by Julia Taffe, Pop-Up Dances, Winterruption Festival, Granville Island, February
* ReImagine Art Festival choreographed by Julia Taffe, Penticton, September
* Serendipity choreographed by Julia Taffe, the Vancouver Block Building, September
* Opening Ceremonies choreographed by Julia Taffe for the Kinnear Building at the Banff Centre for the Arts, July
* In Situ choreography by Amelia Rudolph of Project Bandaloop for the Paralympics, Vancouver Public Library, showing in May 2009, premiere March 2010
* Cachoeira choreographed by Julia Taffe, Scotiabank Dance Centre’s Open House, September
* Inspired By Place choreographed by Julia Taffe and Michelle Olson, a residency/performance, Whistler, 2009 Cultural Olympiad, January-February
Interdisciplinary Events with Body Narratives Collective (BNC), co-director Julia Carr:
* Performances of Here on the Ground, commission by Sarah Chase at the Dancing on the Edge Festival, mixed program, Edge 1, July 7 and 8, 2016
* Premiere of Ties That Bind, featuring Sarah Chase’s Here on the Ground performed by BNC co- directors Meghan and Julia, and With you for the Long Haul, choreography by BNC, Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, April 20-23, 2016
* Bloom 1, excerpts from With You for the Long Haul, Mascall Dance, Feb 16, 23 and March 1
* Project CPR 6.1 (Choreographic Practice and Research) with BNC and Claire French, Phase 1 rehearsals February-March, 2015, Phase 2 rehearsals July/August and public showing September, 2015
* BNC facilitated workshops dance/photography at the Anvil Centre, October 2015
* Choreographic research phase 1 with Sarah Chase, Hornby Island, November
* A Journey of Dance in Flight, ongoing wind tunnel training project with BNC
* Be Graceful in the Wind solo choreographed by Meghan Goodman performed by Julia Carr for the BC Buds Spring Arts Festival, Firehall Arts Centre, May.
*Choreographed and performed in the commission from the Dancing on the Edge Festival to develop Be Graceful in the Wind for Dusk Dances, Portside Park, July.
* Dark Room: the realm of symbols, science and memories, production and premiere in partnership with the Roundhouse Community Arts and Recreation Centre, The Moberly Arts and Cultural Centre and support through the British Columbia Arts Council, December.
*Project support through Residency at SFU Woodwards, May 2013, DanceLab recipients, Scotiabank Dance Centre (SBDC), 2011-2012, and Artist in Residence at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, 2011-2012
* H’Arts for the Homeless, Fundraising Gala, The Imperial, roving performance, October
* The Originals, In the House Festival, performance in collaboration with CR Avery, June
*Do you remember the moment? Premiere at 7, Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, September
*Habitat: A Community Performance Project in collaboration with puppet artist Maggie Winston Artists in Communities Program 2012, Kensington Community Centre, January-June
*Tracing Trace BNC collaboration with Even Oldridge and Siobhan Sloane- Seale
*Presented at The Anderson Street Space, January 2011, BC Buds Spring Arts Fair, Firehall, May 2010, and In the House Festival, June 2010
* Xenoglossy a new trio commissioned by the collective from Rob Kitsos with a granting assistance from BCAC, project creation October-November, showing at SFU May 2011.
*Drink Sand in the Desert with Johanna Chapman-Smith (music) and April Martin (poetry)
*Presented at BC Buds Spring Arts Festival, Firehall, May, and Dusk Dances, Dancing on the Edge Festival, Queen Elizabeth Park, July
*Performances with IMP Collective (Igor Santizo multimedia artist & Phil Thomson composer):
* Filled with Light collaboration at the Aberthau mansion with support from the Vancouver Park Board, West Point Grey Community Centre and Loco Moto Art Collective; creation residency and performance, March.
Performances with Public Dreams Society:
* Thriller at the Secret Souls Walk choreography by Katherine Single-Dain. Roving character performances at: Yaletown LiveCity Site for the Olympics, Lunar Fest, Parade of Lost Souls, Wandering Angles Lantern Festival, Illuminaries, Mountain Mardi Gras Festival, Winter Solstice Celebration, Salmon Festival, and the North Vancouver Lantern Festival
Performances with Choom Hanna Dance Company, choreography by Hanna Kiel:
* The Truth in Information, SBDC, Chrysanthemum and Speak to Me, Speak to You at the Centre A Gallery with visual arts exhibit by Yoko Ono, Giving Birth in Dreams with Jung Ah Chung for Dance Works at the Lynda Raino Studio in Victoria and at Pulse, SBDC
The Society for Public Spontaneity (Directors Mirae Rosner, Shannon Fitzgerald, Meghan Goodman):
* Illusions of Speed and/or Grandeur presented at BC Buds, Gallery Gachet, and the Meme Lab, CAMP: A small, simply constructed temporary dwelling for recreational and seasonal use, workshop and community performance project in partnership with Main Dance and the Secret Lantern Society, 13th Annual Winter Solstice Celebration.
Independent Performance Contracts:
* Sculpture model for visual artist Colleen Barlow, April-May
* Performed Silver Fan Dance, Firebelly Production Society, Vancouver Convention Centre, May
* Motion Capture model, for SFU’s study LOTE, at Emily Carr University, May
* Moving Stories, film shoot with the School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT) and The School of Contemporary Arts (SCA) of SFU Choreography by Thecla Schiphorst.
* Tea: A Mirror of Soul,Vancouver Opera, Queen Elizabeth Theatre, May
* The Magic Flute, choreography by Michelle Olson, Vancouver Opera, Queen E. Theatre, March
* IBEW Convention, The Underground Circus, Vancouver Convention Centre, September
* Taking Your Experience for Mine, choreographed by Sara Coffin, premiering on International Dance Day at the SBDC in April, and excerpts for Dance in Vancouver, December
*ANU 8: Hunger, interdisciplinary collaborative performance directed by Tanya Evanson of Mother Tongue Media, Roundhouse Community Centre, October
*Blissful Living with Padma (11 episodes) and Modern Meditations with Padma (16 episodes) yoga television series, Joy TV, May-September.
*COPY, choreographer Justine Chamber’s and video artist Josh Hite. Studio showing and at SBDC, December 2008, Residency at the SBDC, January 2010, and premiere at Roundhouse Arts and Recreation Centre, July
*Athlete’s Village Opening Ceremonies choreographed by Kira Shaffer, Firebelly, February
*Push by Rob Kitsos, duet with Vanessa Goodman presented at 12 Minutes Max, the Firehall, December 2008, Dancing on the Edge Festival, Firehall, July and Submerged at the Roundhouse, October
*Costume design assistant for Raven Spirit Dance’s, Gathering Light, SBDC, September
* The“What If” Dance choreographed by Katherine Single-Dain, 12 Minutes Max, Dancing on the Edge Festival, and The Work Less Party Masquerade Ball
*Trinket created by Caroline Liffman and Chris O’Connor, In the House Festival, June
*Humongous Church Volunteer #23, choreographed by Jennifer Clarke, DanceLab, SBDC, January
*Do It choreographed by Lydia Wagerer’s in Exchanges with Company Erasga, SBDC, Nov.
*Created/Performed A Disappearing Act, The Yoga Space, 10th Anniversary Celebration
*Highly Unlikely but Very Serious choreographed by Jennifer Clarke, performed at the Dancing on the Edge Festival and Time Lapse production at EDAM, September 2007
*Co-created/performed Listening In Halves with Vanessa Goodman in FLING, Moberly Arts and Culture Centre (MACC), June
*BODYGlass excerpt from Alvin Tolentino and Peter Chin’s full work, three site-specific locations for International Dance Week, April, apprenticeship, April-July 2007.
*Choreographed for stART dance, Chutzpah Festival, March
*Good-Natured Pandemonium in collaboration with Vanessa Goodman and visual artist Travis Jones, Dances for a Small Stage 18, January
*Line #1 research with choreographer Justine Chambers for Dances for a Small Stage 16, May.
*Island Vogue, Granville Island fashion/dance event, November
*The Journey, the Art Institute of Vancouver’s Fashion show, River Rock Casino, September
*In the Deep, Mutya Macatumpag, The Meeting of Terpsichore & Penelope, Ayden Gallery, March
*Co-created/performed Innerhouse with Vanessa Goodman, Rebound, MACC Studio Theatre, Oct
*A Disappearing Act collaboration with designer Bobby Clark, Brief Encounters #1, November
*Move at Jay Senetchko’s gallery show and fundraiser for the BC Cancer Foundation, September
*Co-created/performed with Aretha Aoki and Chris O’Connor presented at Bloom, May, Mascall Dance and Powell Street Festival, Firehall, July
*Co-created/performed “_____ Space” with Siobhan Sloane-Seale presented at Nextfest Emerging Artist Festival, Edmonton, June, 12 Minutes Max, Firehall, November 2004, and Bloom, Mascall Dance, May 2004
*Apprenticed with Tara Cheyenne for Life Signs at the Evergreen Cultural Centre, April
*Performed Shannon Fitzgerald’s choreography at Bloom, Mascall Dance, March
*Co-created/performed Webbing with Siobhan Sloane-Seale, in West, MACC, June
*Co-created/performed in UN/STUCK, In the House Festival, NextFest in Edmonton,
*Performed in Density choreographed by Desirée Dunbar in Full at the MACC and
*Noon Show Series at Simon Fraser University, March
*(Hers) For the Taking, choreography by Monica Strehlke. Looking for Space, Roundhouse, June
* Teaching and creating syllabus for vertical dance conditioning classes for Aeriosa Dance Society, January 2021-Present.
* BNC co-taught Contemporary Master Class for senior dancers in Kitimat, as well as pedagogy and choreographic workshops for dance instructors through a Made in BC tour, May 2017
* Co-facilitated Puzzle People, BNC’s Movement and New Media workshop:
–Made in BC tour in Kitimat, Haisla Community School, May 2017
-Intergenerational youth/seniors collaboration, ACT Arts Centre, Maple Ridge, March 2017
* Co-facilitated a BNC Movement and Long Exposure Photography Workshop for;
–Made in BC tour in Kitimat and Prince Rupert communities, May 2017
–Spring Break Workshop for Youth at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, March 21-24, 2016
–Arts Fundamentals for teachers and art educators through ArtStarts, January 10th, 2015
–The Frog Hallow Neighbourhood House, Staff Retreat at Loon Lake, June 1st, 2013
-Partnership at the Roundhouse Community Arts and Recreation Centre, April 26, 2012.
* Co-facilitated Imaginal Movement Play, public workshop on creative process with IMP Collective, West Point Grey Community Centre, Feb 22, 2014
* Co-facilitated and artists Urban Creative Retreat: Light Your Creative Fire with April Martin-Ko, Full Circle Studio, October 2014
- Co-facilitated a choreographic workshop open to professional performers at SFU Woodwards as part of BNC’s residency and development for Dark Room, May 14, 2013.
- Co-facilitated “playshops”, scenic design, puppet crafting, and swimming pool dance workshops at Kensington Community Centre during January-June 2012 residency
* Facilitator-in-training for the Joe Ink Move It workshop. Assisted at the Surrey Arts Centre, August 2008 and at the Roundhouse Community Centre March 19-23, 2007.
* Teaching Modern Fusion dance class at Drive Dance Centre, September 07-March 08
* Instructor and Rehearsal Director for the stART Dance Company, January-May 2007
* Teaching the senior and intermediate level modern dance classes at the Richmond Academy of Dance, January 2005-June 2008
* Teaching children’s classes at Dunbar Community Centre; Ballet, Modern, Creative Movement, Jazz and Dance Fusion, July 2005-July 2006.
* Guest teacher for secondary school students at Victoria Performing Arts School in Edmonton, June
* Job sharing with Desirée Dunbar teaching pre-professional contemporary dance classes at the Vanleena Dance Academy, September-December 2004
* Noon hour Jazz and Hip Hop dance classes to public school children for D’Hersey Dance Co., January-April 2004
* Guest teacher for senior students at the Etobicoke School of the Arts, Toronto, 2003
* Kinder-dance classes at Mt. Pleasant Community Centre, January-April 2004
* Strength and conditioning classes to dancers aged14-16 at the Pacific Ballet Institute, Vancouver January-June 2003
Education, awards and grants:
* Pilates Intensive Mat Plus Teacher Training, Full Circle Pilates, Career Exploration Grant from DTRC, February 2020
* Intermediate Junior 1, Iyengar Yoga certification, October 2017
* Occupational First Aid Level 1 certification, August 2014
* Intro 2, Iyengar Yoga certification, January 2010-April 2013, with Retraining Grant from the DTRC
* BCAC Creation and Performance Grant for Dark Room with BNC, 2013
* 200-hour Teacher Certification Program at Flow Yoga, 2006
* BFA Degree in Dance and a Minor in Mathematics, Simon Fraser University, 1998-2003
* Scholarship to Exchanges workshosp hosted by Co. Erasga with artist Lydia Wagerer in 2008, and Rafaële Giovanola in 2012
* BC Arts Council Professional Performing Arts Grant to create Xenoglossy with BNC, 2011
* Emerging Artist Award for Karine Pointes’ choreographic workshop, SBDC, 2007
* Open Undergraduate Scholarship at SFU, from 1999-2003
* Dance Major at Etobicoke School of the Arts, 1993-1998